Pages

Sunday 30 January 2011

Layne Norton Power/Hypertrophy routine


Layne Norton, Natural Pro

Day One, UpperPower:
- 3 or 4 Compound pressing and pulling movements, 3-5 sets in the 5 rep range, and 1 Accessory Movement


Day Two, Lower Power:
- 2 or 3 Squatting and Deadlifting movements, 3-5 sets in the 5 rep range, and 1 Accessory Movement

Day Three, OFF

Day Four, Hypertrophy Chest/Arms:

- 3 Benching movements, 2-3 sets in the 8-12 rep range. 1-2 reps short of failure.
- 3 Supersets consisting of 2 exercises each, 3 biceps and 3 triceps, 3 sets in the 8-12 range, 1-2 reps short of failure.
- 1 Chest accessory exercises, 3 sets, 8-12 reps, 1-2 reps short of failure.
Day Five, Hypertrophy Shoulders/Back/Traps: 
- 4 Supersets consisting of 2 exercises each, 3 Shoulders and 3 Backs in the 8-12 reps range, and 2 Traps in the 10-15 rep range, 2-3 sets each. 1-2 reps short of failure.
- 1 Optional Back compound, 2 sets in the 8-12 rep range, 1-2 reps short of failure.

Day Six, Hypertrophy Legs/Calves:
- 2 Supersets consisting of 2-3 exercises each, 4-5 sets in the 8-15 range. 1-2 reps short of failure.

Day Seven, OFF

Source : Layne Norton
Should try this. I am thinking of starting this in the coming week. Peace.


23 comments:

  1. Nice man that is the routine i'm on. Doing upper power today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should really consider trying this exercise thing. Maybe the whole skinny pale look will come into fashion? Yes? No :(

    www.thefactsofvidya.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lot of people seem to like this, i might try this one day

    your friend,
    ectomorphmuscle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great workout thanks for the tip maybe i will try it

    ReplyDelete
  5. squats are the key to everything :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm currently doing a full body workout. I'll probably try this out for something different :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ran this routine for 12 weeks and loved it. Just recently took a break to let my CNS catch up to the workload.

    Sincerely,
    bulkingjobra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, I don't think I could keep that up for very long. Even with the breaks, I just end up losing routines quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find that amount of muscle rather off putting.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like a solid routine, supporting and following.

    http://trippinkets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool blog bruh, follow mine

    http://www.noxploderesults.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks a good routine - just get lots of squats in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could do the days three and seven.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Day seven seemss to be the best. :D
    Nice post mate..

    Supporting,
    http://koal0r.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice work out! im actually doing a variation of this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. STEVE KUCLO IS THE FKCNKNIN MAN

    brotosterone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this routine! I have made it into a 4 day week though due to work/play. I do 2 days power upper and lower and 2 days hypertrophy upper and lower. I just don't know what to do on my abs as by the time I have done everything else I just want to go home!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello there, I discovered your website by the use of Google even as looking for
    a similar subject, your website came up, it appears good.
    I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

    Hello there, just become aware of your blog thru Google, and located
    that it is really informative. I am gonna watch out for
    brussels. I'll be grateful if you continue this in future. A lot of folks will likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    my blog post http://www.presentation-assistant.com/wiki/profile_lukasfwcwtjibou

    ReplyDelete
  19. At this moment I am going to do my breakfast, once having my breakfast coming yet
    again to read more news.

    Look at my web site showrooms after days of heavy ()

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...